The scheme enables institutions and companies to sponsor their chosen students (min. age 18) to attend the British Science Festival and experience the full week of events.
With a programme of over 250 activities, lectures and workshops, the British Science Festival is one of Europe’s largest annual public science events. This year, the Festival will take place in Birmingham from the 6th-11th of September. The Festival is hosted by the University of Birmingham, with activities being held on campus and around the city.
The Festival provides a fantastic opportunity for students to broaden their horizons; meet leading scientists, speakers and like-minded individuals; engage in debate and discussion about science in society and meet potential new employers from leading STEM companies.
Bursaries are £370 and include:
- Accommodation for 7 nights (Friday 5th – Thursday 11th September 2014).
- Student social, usually held on the first night, this is the opportunity for students from different universities to get to know each other
- Food vouchers for the week’s meals (redeemable on campus)
- Free tickets to a selection of pay-for events
- Opportunities to get involved with other Festival activities including career speed-dating, competition judging; press office & science communication experience.
Institutions/companies can purchase student bursaries at: http://www.
To guarantee a place, order forms must be submitted by 4th July 2014.
Please note the bursary does not cover travel expenses for the students.
For any questions or further information about the student bursary scheme please email Elizabeth Baxter: [email protected]