QinetiQ is looking for two graduate electronic engineers to join their space business in the UK. If you’d like to work with experts in aerospace who work to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, then this is the job for you.
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ is looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers who relish a challenge in the development of high reliability electronics products that can cope with the harsh environment of space.
QinetiQ’s space business is located at two main sites in Europe; Farnborough (UK) and Antwerp (Belgium). This position is based in Farnborough, as part of the team who are primarily engaged in the design, development and production of space flight communications equipment. This includes the flight communications transceivers for the European Space Agency’s ExoMars missions in 2016 (delivered) and 2018, which will utilise QinetiQ’s equipment on the EDM lander (2016), the descent module (2018) and the rover vehicle (2018).
More details about QinetiQ can be found through the online QinetiQ compendium at qinetiqcompendium.com.
As part of QinetiQ Space UK’s electronics & software engineering team, you will contribute to the design, development, verification and delivery of space communications solutions, from upstream spaceflight hardware to ground station systems.
- Understand, interpret, and implement requirements and specifications.
- Deliver bespoke technical solutions to challenging customer requirements and timescales.
- Occasional foreign travel to Europe may be required for project delivery.
- Problem solving / innovative.
- Team worker.
- Effective communicator.
- Tenacious and Self-starter.
Experience & Qualifications
- Honours degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in FPGA/ASIC design, in particular using VHDL.
- Experience in programming embedded systems, especially using C-based languages.
- Understanding of digital signal processing concepts.
- Ability to plan and conduct test campaigns, including specifying and procuring facilities and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the space industry and challenges associated with space hardware would be an advantage.
The job role and link to apply is here.