Are you an experienced spacecraft operations engineer? Are you looking for the next step in your space career? Do you have a strong mathematical background and an interest in flight dynamics? Are you looking for an innovative and dynamic organisation that will give you the chance to develop your career?
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Your tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Perform flight dynamics activities for a fleet of geostationary spacecraft. Activities
- include, attitude determination, manoeuvre optimization, wheel offloading;
- Implement station-keeping and co-location strategies;
- Run offline analyses on the spacecraft status and performances, including but not limited to co-location activities, mass consumption estimation, life-time estimation, et cetera. Code new software tools as required;
- Investigate and recover spacecraft anomalies;
- Write, test, run, and update operational procedures;
- Participate in System Validation Tests, simulations, and training sessions;
- Prepare the hand-over of all post-LEOP operations of HYLAS 3 and HYLAS 4;
- Seek and suggest improvements to the operational activities;
- Provide support to the FD manager in all daily activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, physics, astronomy, or aerospace engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Demonstrable understanding of Newtonian physics and orbital mechanics;
- Mathematical background, with a good understanding of some of the following: differential calculus, matrix algebra, SRIF, spherical geometry, rocket equation;
- Proven academic and/or professional experience in either of the following:
- – Attitude determination, quaternion algebra, attitude control, spacecraft angular momentum management,
- Orbit determination, manoeuvre optimization, perturbation theory, Kalman filtering, covariance analysis;
- Good programming and scripting skills, complemented by the willingness to learn new software languages;
This job is located in the UK – Goonhilly, Cornwall
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at [email protected], quoting job reference UK-2483.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!