The UK space industry contributes £7.3bn to the UK economy and employs close to 19,000 people. This new and innovative course uniquely combines academic and vocational study with industrial experience and other exciting special features. It can lead to degrees in physics, mathematics and engineering and to employment in the space and engineering industries.
You will study:
- AS and A-Level Mathematics
- AS and A-Level Physics
- Engineering – academic and practical studies, through the BTEC Level 3 Diploma inEngineering (equivalent to two A-Levels):
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic principles and applications.
- Engineering design, including Computer Aided Drafting.
- Mathematics for engineering.
A wide range of engineering, physics, maths and other degrees (including space engineering) at many high-ranking universities, and also to employment.
We are looking for:
- GCSE grades A in mathematics, AA in science double award (or ABB in triple award),B in English, plus another GCSE at grade B.
- Highly-motivated, talented and ambitious learners.
Special features include:
- Classes at the National Space Centre and Loughborough College
- Master classes and talks from some of the UK’s leading space scientists
- Work experience, industry visits and work-related projects
- An emphasis on the skills valued by employers
- A summer school with the new National Space Academy programme
To find out more about the course, please contact Emma Griffin, email [email protected] or phone 01509 515431.
Course information page: http://cms.loucoll.ac.uk/blogs/space/