Space is experiencing a metamorphosis. Once an exclusive playing ground for national space agencies and big government contractors, it is now energized by the advent of new players, innovative technologies, and disruptive business models. These advances have unlocked new economic opportunities in a number of emerging markets. One area that is seeing great interest and high potential valuations from industry experts is that of In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing. IOSM concepts encompass a plethora of activities across a number of different market verticals and offer direct benefits to several fields, enabling the next generation of space-based services. These activities include, but are not limited to, debris removal, life extension, in-orbit repairing, in-orbit manufacturing (for both space and Earth), space robotics, and asset reallocation.
Why should you participate?
- You’ll gain exposure to real-world business and technical challenges faced by the space industry
- The competition challenges have been designed in collaboration with industry partners in order to develop key skills relevant to the field of IOSM
- Your team will be assigned a mentor from a space organisation to support you throughout the competition
- Teams will be invited to IOSM workshops run by Satellite Applications Catapult
- Prizes will be awarded in different categories