ESA has posted its Young Graduate Trainee vacancies for 2012, with applications open until 18th December. These one-year positions are an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the development and operation of space missions. You also get to live and work for a year in another country.
The YGT offers some generous terms and conditions, including:
- monthly remuneration (the basic net salary, or ‘take-home pay’, for a single expatriate YGT is about €2200 per month depending on the location of the ESA Establishment)
- an expatriation allowance, plus an installation allowance on arrival, for those not resident in the country to which they are assigned
- travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (including travel expenses for spouse and children if they reside with the trainee during the contract)
- 2.5 days paid leave per month
- health cover under ESA’s Social Security scheme
Applicants are usually at Masters degree level from a university or an equivalent institute. Please note, you can only apply for one YGT opportunity, and should only send in one application form. You must also be a citizen of an ESA member state or a European Co-operating State.
To apply, go to http://www.esa.int/hr/ygt.htm. For more information on the Young Graduate Trainee programme, go to http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Careers_at_ESA/SEMYHEITPQG_0.html.